How much automobile insurance is necessary?
Oregon law requires minimum amounts of insurance for each person who has a car registered in Oregon. If you don’t own a car, but drive someone else’s car and they don’t have coverage, you must have insurance yourself.
Minimum requirements for coverage are:
- $25,000 – Liability for one-injury claim
- $50,000 – Liability for all-injury claims
- $20,000 – Liability for property damage claims
- $15,000 – Personal injury protection
- $25,000 – Uninsured motorist coverage